- CMA plays a significant role in projecting the cement industry to the Government and in coordinating the various activities in respect of formulation of Government policies for the cement industry through continuous dialogues and interactions.
- Helps in the preparation of important Government documents concerning cement industry like Reports for Five Year Plans, etc.
- Represents the Industry on all major policy making bodies bearing on cement.
- Submits to the Ministry of Industry Reports on Infrastructure (Coal, Railways, Power) for Cabinet Secretariat meetings.
- Supplies desired information to all concerned Ministries like Commerce, Railways, Coal, and Planning Commission.
- Provides material for answers to Parliament Questions bearing on Cement Industry.
- Helps in preparation of important Government documents concerning cement like Reports for Five Year Plans, Special Reports whenever needed etc.
- Submits information to Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on various aspects whenever called for.
- Identifies and strengthens the industry's role in the economic development of the country.
Meditates with the Government on the industry's problems and interacts with bodies like NCB, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, CII, FIMI, CAPEXIL, and CIDC.
CMA has collaborative links, in exchange of technological information and latest trends in the industry, with international associations in various countries including Arab Union for Cement and Building Materials (ACBM), Turkish Cement Manufacturers' Association (TCMA), China Building Materials Academy (CBMA), Iranian Cement Producer Association, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and Japan Cement Association (JCA).
Articulates the industry's infrastructural problems (rail, coal, power etc) and strives for their solution.
Educates on rational use of Cement including choice of right types and grades.
Provides technical advice and guidance on design and construction of durable housing, Concrete Roads, Concrete Canal lining, etc.
Creates awareness on the industry's efforts on Quality Assurance, Environmental improvements, Consumers Protection and other related issue.
Educates on eco-friendly packaging.